20 Things You Don’t Know About Me
OK, I confess…I cribbed this idea from a supermarket tabloid. But I thought it would be fun to play along, so here are 20 things you may not know about me.
2. I love peanut butter and eat it straight from the jar. I never spread it on bread.
3. I get a half-pound of cheddar cheese at Garden of Eden so regularly, the deli guys there know me by name, and don’t even ask me what I want.
4. I cried like a baby when Christian Troy (Julian McMahon) surrendered little Wilbur to his bio dad on the now-defunct show Nip/Tuck. Loved Julian in that show! Soo hot! And his character had all the wittiest, snarkiest lines.
5. I am deathly afraid of fire and the dark.
6. I would love to go to Africa to see lions and China to see #1.
7. I would love to see Paris and return to Prague. I have never been to Paris and went to Prague once on a business trip, and thought it was beautiful.
8. I do not know what is scarier – that I own a toilet snake or that I know how to use it.
10. I am a sucker for anything Kardashian. Khloé and Bruce are the voices of reason in that family.
12. I love Asian food. If I only ate moo shu vegetables and steamed veggie dumplings for the rest of my life, I’d be a happy girl.
13. I listen to NYC’s local oldies station, 101.1 CBS-FM in my car.
14. I do not own an iPod, and never will. I do not own an iPad, and want to.
15. I nap in the afternoons two or three days a week.
16. I went to boarding school for two years of high school. I loved it. I wish I’d gone for three years, and repeated my sophomore year.
17. I originally wanted to be a doctor, but my real calling in life is as a journalist/writer, because I love to read so much. When my family lived in Scotland for three months when I was two, my parents had to join the local public library over there.
18. My professional idol is Barbara Walters. I never watch The View, but I never miss anything else she does.
19. As a child, I was obsessed with Matchbox cars and hippos. I still have a glass hippo that my late paternal grandmother gave me (see below).
20. My dream job is “figure skater.” I took skating lessons as a child, starting in about sixth grade. That is way too late to become seriously competitive, but if I had my life to do over, I’d start earlier, and strive for the Winter Olympics.
Now…What are some things people may not know about YOU?